Coleman Perfect-Flow 1-Burner
Model # 2000004124
Pros: Ridiculously easy to assemble, instant flame
Cons: Wish the base were just a bit deeper for greater stability
Ramen Noodles, camping and my Coleman PerfectFlow 1-Burner were simply meant for each another – like Timmy and Lassie, or Donald Trump and hairspray.
I recently posted a review on Coleman Chest Coolers, including a picture of an impromptu campout from my personal album. Also in that photo, setting atop the cooler, is my Coleman PerfectFlow 1-Burner Stove. Well, here’s slightly different picture, but the same stove. I have absolutely no idea why I snapped these rather mundane photos – the Camping Gods must have known I would need them someday. And what better testimony could I offer of my personal preference for, and confidence in, this product?
The box with the open flaps holds the burner until it’s ready to be used. I try to keep things in their original container primarily to protect them from getting damaged and to keep things orderly – (also known as OCD – ha!)
So, envision this: It’s just breaking daylight. Although it’s dang chilly at 5500 ft. elevation, you manage to crawl out of your sleeping bag. It takes just a minute or so ( really!) for the Coleman PerfectFlow 1-Burner to heat enough water (about a quart) to wet a face cloth for a quick morning facial. Oh heaven!
Next, pour a substantial amount of hot water into a metal cup, add your favorite flavor instant coffee or tea, sit back and enjoy the view. These are the moments campers daydream of all through the long, cold winter. And speaking of winter – and cutting Christmas trees – and playing in the snow – and hot chocolate – and Ramen Noodle Soup, what’s more fun and family oriented than spending a day playing in the snowy woods? And what makes it even better? Hot food, drinks – and toasted marshmallows!
Of course, fire in any form always has its serious side. . .
- Never! use this burner, or any other propane-operated piece of equipment to light or heat the inside of a tent, vehicle or RV – with the exception of a propane heater that is designed for that purpose.
- Never! let young children operate the burner. Personally, I would choose teen age as an appropriate age to allow usage. Then again, it depends on the child.
- Never! attempt to dismantle the burner while it’s operating – in other words, while lit.
- Never! throw a used (even empty) propane bottle in a campfire or fire pit. Take it home.
- Never! leave the burner unattended while lit. If a single match can cause a forest fire – think what an eight-inch-diameter match can do.
Some features of the Coleman PerfectFlow 1-Burner Model # 2000004124 are:
- It has an 8″ burner which distributes quick, even heat.
- The flame is fully adjustable with a twist-type knob – up to 10,000 BTU’s.
- It has a pressure-control system that keeps the heat steady.
- Built-in pot/pan support to provide wind protection
- Uses a 16.4 oz. propane cylinder (Coleman brand preferably)
- Burns 2.2 hrs. on High setting and 9 hrs. on Low,
- Dimensions – 7.75″ x 7.81″ x 6.62
- Made in China.
The Burner comes completely assembled.
- Just screw the burner clockwise onto a 16.4 oz. cylinder of propane.
- Place the cylinder into the base and set on a level surface.
- Turn the propane/flame valve until you hear a slight hissing noise.
- With a match, or better yet, a long-handled BBQ lighter, place the match or lighter close to the propane jets. It will immediately ignite.
- Adjust the valve to the flame height desired.
Look for other Coleman stoves of varying sizes and number of burners. This model sells for around $30.00 at most discount and outdoor stores.
The Coleman Company